Fr. Brian Mullady, O.P.'s latest publication, Grace Explained: How to Receive ? And Retain ? God's Most Potent Gift, is now available for sale on Amazon
From the Amazon website:
Grace is one of the most enigmatic concepts of our Faith. Yet it is uniquely and wonderfully woven into all that we do and believe as Catholics. In these pages, Fr. Brian Mullady provides one of the clearest and most luminous explanations of grace ever written, employing the same “everyday Catholic” language that has made him so popular as an EWTN guest and retreat master.
God created Adam and Even to walk and talk in intimacy with Him in the garden. Our highest calling is to return to that state of perfect holiness, which we can achieve only by relying on God’s sanctifying grace.
Perfect holiness is not only possible but essential if we wish to achieve eternal life. That’s why Fr. Mullady has written this accessible and practical guide ? to help you understand how grace is working in your life presently and to teach you how to seize all the unclaimed graces God is offering you throughout each day.
You’ll learn how the action of the Holy Spirit comes from within the very character of your being and how to improve your openness to each of the three types of grace. You’ll explore the time-tested methods for practicing the three counsels of perfection and how to employ remedies against the three great weaknesses of our nature.
You’ll also learn:
- How grace perfects ? and does not destroy nature
- Precisely what you must do to make yourself more open to grace
- The three types of grace and how to magnify them
- Why God uses mediators of grace even though He is the source of grace
- Why God expanded the Israelites’ knowledge of right and wrong (and thus their culpability) but did not communicate grace to them
- Two theological errors that most people of good will mistakenly believe
- The three states of nature on which even the workings of God depend
- How grace operates in our daily lives to bring us closer to each person of the Trinity
Intimacy with God is man’s highest calling. We can achieve it by relying on God’s sanctifying grace, which gives us the fullness of life and makes us holy. Accessing the graces we’ve been overlooking is how we discover what it means to be truly human, for, though we all possess natural life, it is only through grace that man is fully alive.